Community

Topic: Unity 3D Plugin

Unstable object on iPad (SOLVED)

tkordac
Thursday, January 12, 2017

Hello,
I have good stability in the Unity editor on iMac with ratio 16:9. iMac has 16:9 camera ratio. But the object is unstable, during camera moving, when I use the app on iPad Air 2. iPad has 4:3 camera ratio.

user profile image
Support Team  (expert)
Friday, January 13, 2017

Hi, could you please provide us the marker IDs you are working with?

tkordac
Monday, January 16, 2017

I tried good and bad quality markers, but with the same result. You can try marker id 3_539

user profile image
Support Team  (expert)
Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Hi,
an improved version of our SDK is available for download. It should improve tracking stability with markers.
We have also found a small issue with Unity projection matrix that is not getting updated accordingly to the device aspect ratio, this issue only affect rendering, we are investigating possible solutions.
Best regards,

tkordac
Wednesday, January 18, 2017

It is working on Android now. But the ratio issue is the same. How can I check the SDK version and what is the last version ?

user profile image
Support Team  (expert)
Thursday, January 19, 2017

Hi,
a new updated version of our SDK is available.
We should have resolved all issues related to the Unity projection matrix and the device aspect ratio on both iOS and Android.
The download file name contains the number of the current version.

tkordac
Friday, January 20, 2017

The 3D object is not deformed now, but the stability is still bad on tablet compared to Unity editor.

user profile image
Support Team  (expert)
Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Hi,
we have found the problem, next week we will publish a new version that fix that behaviour.
We'll write you back soon.

user profile image
Support Team  (expert)
Monday, January 30, 2017

Hi.
We have released a new version of our Unity plugin (2.5.5) it solves some issues we were having with syncronization of processing and rendering on Unity, now 3D objects should be fixed in position with respect to the real marker.

Sign in to add a comment