Community

Topic: Xamarin component

onGeoLocationChanged method (SOLVED)

Nun Dabold
Thursday, October 19, 2017

I'm using IOS/Xamarin and I'm trying to use the onGeoLocationChanged method to check distance from current location to my Points of Interest, but I don't know how to use the GeoLocationChanged event. I tried it as an override but that wasn't recognized. Could you please either point to an IOS example or show me the basic code to setup a listener to this method? Thanks very much.

user profile image
Support Team  (expert)
Friday, October 20, 2017

Hi,
if you want to implement the OnGeolocation method, you should
implement in PKTGeoMainController subclass the following method:

[Export ("onGeoLocationChanged:")]

public void GeoLocationChanged(NSObject location) {

}

The onGeoLocationChanged method is a method of the PKTIArGeoListener interface, that is implemented (with empty implementation) by PKTGeoMainController class:
public interface PKTIArGeoListener {

[Export ("onGeoElement:Click:")]
void GeoElementClicked(NSObject geoElement, UIView view);

[Export ("onGeoLocationChanged:")]
void GeoLocationChanged(NSObject location);
[Export ("onMapOrCameraClicked")]
void OnMapOrCameraClicked();
}

Nun Dabold
Monday, October 23, 2017

That works, thank you very much.

Nun Dabold
Friday, October 20, 2017

I have the basics working with 'GeoLocationChanged', calculating distance between current location and each marker but the 'GeoLocationChanged' only seems to fire once and the location is not changing as I walk around.

user profile image
Support Team  (expert)
Monday, October 23, 2017

Hi,
GeoLocationChanged callback is called when user location exceeds a minimum distance (in meters) and a minimum refresh time (in sec) from last user location.
By default, this value are 100 meters and 1 sec.
If you would like to change this parameters, you should set them in PKTGeoMainController subclass as follow:

ValueForKey(new NSString("_geoManager")).SetValueForKey(new NSNumber(), new NSString("_minDistanceGeolocationChange"));

ValueForKey(new NSString("_geoManager")).SetValueForKey(new NSNumber(), new NSString("_minTimeGeolocationChange"));

We suggest to set this value at lowest value (1 meter for _minDistanceGeolocationChange and 0 sec in _minTimeGeolocationChange) and makes some tuning,
depending on your app requirements.

Regards

Sign in to add a comment